Build a Test
Kolbe Physics 10
Is this your test?
to manage it. If not, you can
develop a quiz
just like it.
Report this quiz
2. A vector quantity has:
neither magnitude nor direction
magnitude and direction
11. When an object undergoes a change in velocity it is said to be experiencing:
a change in temperature
a change in energy
9.Convert 2.5 m into the correct number of centimetres.
6. The variable being measured in an experiment (shown on the vertical axis of a graph) is known as the:
12. A cyclist pushing the peddles of her bike creates a velocity of 10.0 m s-1. If there is a wind at her back of 0.5 m s-1, her resultant velocity would be:
Still 10.0 m s-1
9.50 m s-1
10.5 m s-1
5.0 m s-1
3. How many significant figures are in the number 500 124.
4. When measuring a desk with a metre rule the amount of error is given as + or - 5.0mm. The smallest unit shown on the rule would be
8. A physics student noticed that her car travelled 300 m in 5.0 minutes when caught in a traffic 'jam' on the Kwinana Freeway. Her average velocity in this time would be:
1.00 m s-1
60.0 m s-1
0.60 km h-1
5.00 m s-1
10. Convert 90 km h-1 into m s-1.
45 m s-1
25.0 m s-1
9.00 m s-1
5. A graph that shows a curve representing velocity must have on the axes:
velocity and time
distance and time
degrees and time
displacement and time.
1. Which of the following dimensions is a vector quantity?
15. If there is a direct relationship between displacement and time in a graph from an experiment, then it can be said from the graph that:
as time increases displacement decreases
as time increases so does displacement
as time increases so does distance
as time increases so does velocity
13. A boat travelling upstream is travelling at 2.5 m s-1 but the current moving downstream is rated at 0.5 m s-1. The resultant velocity would be:
2.5 m s-1
3.0 m s-1
5.0 m s-1
2.0 m s-1
7. A boat with an outboard motor sets off from the west bank of a river to reach the east bank. Though the navigator aimed at the point directly across the river he landed some distance downstream. to reach the point he was aiming for, he should have:
aimed the boat down stream
used the anchor to stabilise the position of the boat.
used a more powerful motor on his boat.
aimed the boat up stream
14. A plane flies the 3 500 km to Melbourne from Perth in the morning and returns in the afternoon. The plane's displacement would be:
-3 500 km
3 500 km
7 000 km
Build a Test